Sunday, April 15, 2007

Could not load file or assembly

I've started developing a website for a client, and have made some extensions for Umbraco CMS, which I'm using as platform for the whole thing. Then suddenly, while working, my machine crashed totally, leaving me with no choice but to turn it off the bad way – ie. holding down the power button.

When the computer had started again, I tried running the site at 'localhost' again, but got this error message:

Could not load file or assembly 'Blizan.Tools' or one of its dependencies. The parameter is incorrect. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070057 (E_INVALIDARG))

Not knowing how to fix it, I found a few solutions via Google, but they where quite extensive. One forum said I needed to reinstall the entire .NET framework!

But then I had an idea, and it worked: Delete all the files in the "Temporary ASP.NET files" folder (C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\%version%\Temporary ASP.NET files\root\)


Now I'm a happy working man :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you! Thank you! I could kiss you! Thought I was doing to have to do something drastic like reinstall .NET or even format my drive. However this worked a charm..

Mads Godvin Jensen said...

That's nice to hear. And precisely why I made this post ;-)