Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I'm online again!

I recently moved to a new apartment (in beautiful Frederiksberg) and have thus been without Internet for a couple of days - you know how it goes.

Then yesterday I received a letter from my ISP saying my Internet connection was switched on and that I could start using it. I didn't have time to try it then, and haven't until now. There were problems, however. The ISP (ComX) has a website where all "clients" to your Internet should be entered with their MAC address. I did that with my AirPort Express, using the MAC address that Airport Utility would show me, bu that didn't work. After reading a few forums and thinking and swearing, the solution was to use the right MAC address. Not meaning I "misspelled" the address, but apparently wireless routers have two MAC addresses - one for WAN and one for LAN. The one I saw in AirPort Utility was the LAN one, and the ISP wanted the WAN one...

But it works now!!!

No comments: